breakin stuff makin stuff

working on stuff for workshop game, which i refuse to call chaise lounge cause thats a dumb name. anyway in wacky zany brain game i’ve recently done what i assume to be art director duties and fixed all the problems. we have objects out of scale, objects sharing the same textures, objects clipping strangely. a mess. so i fixed it, did a lot of housekeeping so now the level designers can jump in super easily pull in whatever they need, in part thanks to Kent Pasquino’s neat level building tool he built.

i also broke the floor prefab so its invisible. YAY! fixin that

also animated some combat moves.

hamma time

Demo Reel 2012

Reel Breakdown

1. Would You Be Impressed?
Responsible for Animation, Modeling, Lighting and Rendering. Done for Character Animation 1, the animation shows rounded characters as they change over the course of a short animation. Not only were the characters supposed to be well animated, but also convey personality through movement, as they lack a face. The story is two men, one timid and the other confident fight over a women who is playing them against each other to receive the best gift. Ultimately the timid one snaps and becomes violent, the women realizes the error of her ways, and the confident jerk is knocked unconscious.

Software Used: Maya 2012, Renderman for Maya

Completed in 5 weeks.

2.Delirium
Delirium is an isometric beat ’em built on randomization and re-playability. Players navigate the avatar, Bag Boy’s, mind, fighting his mental demons. Death is permanent and levels are made from randomly selected tiles. Weapons and power-ups are also dropped randomly by enemies. My role was art director and animator. I painted and sketched concept art for the team of 4 modelers and then took the models, critiqued, rigged and animated them. Each enemy had a very unique rig as did the player which made rigging a challenge. A feature that was built but never implemented was split body additive animations so that the player could move and attack simultaneously.

Software Used: Unity 3D, Maya 2012, Photoshop

Completed in 10 weeks.

3. Streblo
Responsible for all elements. Streblo or Megaptera Homarus, is a hybrid of a humpback whale, an American lobster, and a coconut crab. The low poly base mesh was built in Maya to get a solid animation ready edge flow. Then the low poly was sculpted in ZBrush and the UVs were done using the UV master plugin. The displacement map was brought back into Maya and the wireframes were rendered using Maya Vector. Water caustic gobo for flavor.

Software used: Maya, ZBrush, RenderMan, Nuke

Completed in 4 weeks.

4. Avalanchin’

Responsible for all elements. A game in which the player controls an avalanche and tries to eat skiiers, snowboarders and various other creatures while dodging obstacles. The game was built in Flash with Action Script 3. It was my first attempt at extensible object oriented programming. It has a hierarchy of classes that inherit common variables that are easily changed to make unique obstacles and edibles. As an added challenge I used took input from the player’s microphone to fill a ‘rage’ meter. When filled, the player becomes invincible and the red effect was created using Flash’s bitmap data class. The current version is a free flash game and a version with more features is in development for mobile devices.

Software used: Flash

Completed in 9 weeks.

 

Pre-Alpha Game Build

been working on the animations for our workshop game. this build is pretty jacked up and there will be a better one coming on wednesday but i thought i’d post the first one to get my run cycle in and blended. trying out a lot of nonlinear animation with the Trax editor. to me it kind of seems like a way to avoid making duplicate files, everything done in Trax can be done in timeline as far as what i’m doing i’m fairly sure, Trax is just more convenient.

CHECK THE BUILD AT THE PARTY ON BLOG

http://www.teampartyon.com/newest-newest-build-with-an-enemy/