3:13 AM

My team’s compositing final. Made in 5 weeks. The project required all team members track a shot, have a CG element contact a real world object, and key a greenscreen shot.

I was responsible for the camera work and assisted in lighting the shots on location. In addition I designed, modeled, textured and rigged the tentacle monster. I improved on my use of the IK spline tool and included other animation deformers, as well as built an easy enough rig for my whole team to use. Using reference videos of octopi and squid I got a more weight to my animations. The texture was created by combining several noise effects in After Effects that morphed over time. All of the keying, rotoing and compositing was done in Nuke and edited in Final Cut Pro.

Software Used:  Maya 2012, Modo, Nuke, MatchMover, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Headus UV layout.

Team Mates:

Matt Haas mjhaas.com/
Greg Lobanov dumbandfat.com/
Brian Kelley bpkelley.com/

Burnt

My animation 2 final for Drexel University. Done in 5 weeks. Responsible for all aspects.

This was my first attempt at a full character rig. The flexible neck was an IK spline and the legs used IK as well. The arms were FK, however the smooth binding for the neck and fingers made painting weights to emulate a rigid bind challenging. The project as a whole was an challenge in terms animation timing as well as comedic timing.

Maya, Mudbox, Headus UVlayout, Mental Ray

Rocket Cola

My Animation 1 final. Done in 4 weeks using Maya 2012, Mental Ray, Headus UV layout, Photoshop and After Effects CS5.5.

This was my first attempt at rigging and animating. I used IK splines for the tentacles. The light emitting and bouncing from the vending machine was a happy accident, which also allowed me the disco-ball effect seen in the beginning.

Music from ParagonOfDolor from the Newgrounds.com Audio Portal.